The Imitation is characterized by its emphasis on the interior life, withdrawal from the world and devotion to the Eucharist.
This book was admired by St. Thomas More, the chancellor and renowned humanist who gave his life in the anti-Catholic program of King Henry VIII; St. Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Society of Jesus; St. Therese of Lisieux (the "Little Flower") who was able to quote passages of it from memory, even as a child; and numerous other Saints.
Here's what some people are saying about The Imitation of Christ:
As you can see, this book has had a profound effect on the lives of not only the great Saints but regular folks as well.
- "I didn't expect how much I'd enjoy a book written by a monk from the 1400s. There were a lot of themes I could relate to my life. Excellent book."
- "This is the only book I can truly say changed my life. I have bought multiple copies and given this best of gifts... The trials and tribulations we all endure are the 'way of the cross'-the true imitation of Christ. Thomas-a-Kempis makes clear the distinction between Christianity that seeks only after the GLORY of Christ vs. the loving acceptance of the CROSS of Christ. He points out real circumstances of suffering that the true Christian is likely to experience as he/she follows the 'royal road'. What a wonderful comfort his words bring during tribulations--it makes all the difference in living through those hard times that may turn out to be the holiest of opportunities--the opportunity to imitate Christ."
- "I believe that anyone who attentively reads this book will learn of a better life, a fulfilling life that only the love of God can bring to you. Conform your heart, mind and soul to live the life described in this book and the eternal blessedness of Heaven will await you! I have bought this book several times because I feel that someone else needs to read it also but I don't want to be without a copy. Oh how I wish I knew of this treasure before....well better late than never."
- "Life transforming!!"
- "This book shows me how I truly must live to please my Lord. It is inspiring and made me love my Lord so much more than I ever did..."
- "I absolutely LOVE this book. I love it because of it's simplicity. It's such a humble little book, so easy to read and understand. It's so easy to put into practice, because it is common sense in the most pure form. If you have ever wondered how saints are made, read this book. It is definitely a road map to sanctity. (St. Therese of Lisieux knew the whole book by heart)."
- "This book helped me to embrace some of the qualities within myself that I had previously been trying to change. The want to do so was triggered by the constant feeling of missing out on something or being judged by my fellow brothers and sisters here on earth. I no longer care what people think or say."
- "There is no other more rewarding read out there. It uplifts, instructs, fortifies and was somewhat of an epiphany for me. No matter how long you've been a Christian, or how mature you are, I give this book my highest praise and recommendation."
- "I am only half way through this book and I cannot believe the growth that I have gotten from this book. It is so easy to understand, but gives an in-depth look at some of the most hard to understand parts and ideas of the bible..."
- And Much Much More
One of the greatest benefits of modern times (and one that very few people take advantage of) is that we have easy access to the writings of pious souls from throughout history. There was a time when books were rare and treasured devices, and highly sought after. They could require over one hundred hours of skilled labor to produce a single copy. In fact, they were so valuable that libraries literally had them CHAINED down for security!
How fortunate we are to have this timeless classic, The Imitation of Christ, to be able to listen to it on a variety of different audio devices, and able to simply sit back and soak in the wisdom. This recording is great for attentive listening and it is also something that you can leave playing in the background while you do other tasks. The words just drip with grace and it is an ideal companion piece for your usual car radio stations. You can jump right into it with ease from virtually any starting point. People have compared it to having thier own "mentor." I think you will find yourself listening to it again and again.
This version is delivered as a download of 114 custom edited mp3 files. Approximate running time is 8 hours. These files can be listened to on your computer, transferred to a device that plays mp3's or burned to a CD. If you do not know how to create an audio CD from mp3's there is an excellent chance that somebody you know can help with this.
You have the option to either purchase The Imitation of Christ Audiobook or to request a free copy. Your purchase is extremely helpful to expand our ability to distribute Catholic media throughout the world.
At the 2009 World Communications Day Pope Benedict appealed to Catholics to use the Internet as a means of spreading the Gospel. I have found that purchasing advertising on sites such as Facebook is a particularly effective method of doing this. We have been able to send Rosary Lessons and other Catholic media to thousands of interested individuals who appreciate and enjoy learning more about religious topics.
I don't say that to impress you. I just want you to realize that in addition to a receiving a top notch audiobook, buying this product can be a great way to assist with viable "online missionary work" where such support is currently much needed.
||60 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: |
If The Imitation of Christ Audiobook is not everything that we say it is and you are not completely satisfied with it, then we will refund every penny of your money with no questions asked.
That's more than a guarantee, that's a promise.
Order Now - Only $19.95
Click Here For Secure Order Form
IMMEDIATE DOWNLOAD! Order now and download immediately!
P.S. Your purchase makes a real difference. Besides helping pay for various operating costs, the sales of this recording are presently what determine the funds that will be available for the development and advertising of other similar products and services so that together we can reach many more people than would ever be possible without your help.
If you do not want to buy this audiobook or are simply unable to do so, you may click here to request a free copy with our complements.
If you have any questions about this product, please send email to email@example.com